YCCGA Meeting Minutes June 8, 2016
York County Corn Growers Association
Meeting Minutes June 8, 2016
- Bryan Mason graciously taking over as treasurer gave report.
- Rick Gruber gave State Directors report including –
- Laura Lundeen is State Intern
- New joint committee structure with Corn Board & Corn Growers. A grower can be on a committee w/o being on the board. The committees will include – Grower Services, Gov’t Relations, Research & Stewardship, Market Development.
- July 28 is the NeCGA Golf Tourney in York
- June 11 is the Ethanol Night at the Races in McCool.
- Dennis Scamehorn is on the State Market Development Committee
- Lisa Hurley YCDC Director discussed their activities which include –
- Implementing an improved marketing plan
- Improved Website which earned a national economic award
- Shared concern of matching workers to jobs, very low unemployment in York County.
- Need for 500+ housing units
- Hosted Job Fair – had 200+ job seekers
- Meeting Educational needs w/ SECC partnership at Holthus Center
- Pellet Technology – made a $30M investment with 28 jobs to start – worked on this project for 3 years
- Working on Livestock Friendly status
- Abengoa – Trying to sell – all or part of co. about 60 workers still employed at York
- Working on Hwy 81 Expressway – needed as 40% of York workforce lives out of county
- Morgan Wrich – Talked about –
- Ethanol Night at JMS June 11, Opens at 5 PM Races start at 7.
- Golf Outing
- Motion by Dave Dickerson, 2nd by Kim Shepherd to fund $750 total, $250 for Meal Sponsor & $500 for Golf team, Kim will lead
- Corn Growers plot is at Makovickas, east of town. 6 companies entered, but looking to improve attendance. May not have tour.
- Discussed York County Fair Aug 4-7. Plan on having booth like past years. Chris Ziegler & Rick Gruber will line up.
- Yorkfest Parade is Sep. 10 – Bryan will pull new rolling cart & get candy to pass out.
- Annual banquet was set for Thu Nov 17
- NeCGA Annual Banquet Dec 1 at Innovation Campus, Ronnie Green will speak.
- Callathon Review – Clark Pickrel won license plate. Corn Growers have enough orders to go forward with Corn License Plate.
- Brandon Obermeier is recipient of the County Scholarship Award
- Dave D. moved & Rick G. 2nd to sponsor the trophy and awards for the York County Fair. The amount is being looked up and will match the 2015 contribution.
- Dave presented his corn price forecast.
Posted on Wed, June 8, 2016
by Robin Lindauer filed under